We welcome you to the Atlantic Central District website!
We pray that you will find what you are needing. If not, let us know what's missing.
A Statement of Faith and Hope in a Time of Racial Injustice
From the Cabinet to the Churches and Extension Ministries of the Florida Conference, United Methodist Church
- We affirm that every person is created in the image of God.
- We acknowledge our complicity in the sin of racism, whih denies the inherently sacred nature of every person.
- We confess that we have often allowed our ideological differences to become more important that our unity in the One Body.
- We repent of our temptation to live in fear of one another and to seek security apart from God.
- We claim the essential need for all Christians of privilege to listen and seek deeper understanding when our brothers and sisters cry out for justice.
- We commit ourselves to speak on behalf of those who are denied justice.
- We support the difficult work of those in law enforcement and at the same time seek ways of moving toward better community engagement.
- We pledge to address the problem of mass incarceration of young black males in our society.
- We pray in our own time for the fulfillment of the prophecy given to Zechariah on the first Advent:
By the tender mercy of our God
the dawn from on high will break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the way of peace.
-Click here to see more
News, Connections and Conversation from the Florida Conference...[more]